Followers

Monday, February 7, 2011

In His Presence

Have you ever had a God inspired thought that simply changed your day, your week, or year? Some little piece of wisdom or a question that hit you exactly where you needed it?

As I was wrapping up my prayer time this morning, it was as if God sent a little reminder my way...I need to live in His presence. Yes, I'm conscious of God when I'm praying...most of the time when I'm reading my Bible...but what about the rest of my day? What am I doing with the other 14 or 15 hours that I'm awake?

And so my prayer this morning was "God, help me to LIVE in your presence. All day...every moment. Help me to be just as aware of you and in conversation with you throughout my day." It was a great reminder for me and maybe for many people.

He is our God...our Savior and Lord...he is not God of our 15 minute prayer time (if we have one)...he is God and Lord of every moment of our day. He is our King who loves us and with whom we should be in conversation with and aware of throughout our day. If that was our mindset each and every day...if he was our focus each and every moment...how would that change us?

Live in his presence today.

Psalm 27:4
"One thing I ask of the Lord and this is what I seek: that I may dwell in the house of the Lord all the days of my life, to gaze upon the beauty of the Lord and to seek him in his temple."

No comments:

Post a Comment