Followers

Sunday, October 18, 2009

10-18-09 -- Lots of news...and pics too!

Well, first of all, for all of you psychos who have been sending me angry emails because I haven't posted pictures of Josiah in awhile...keep scrolling down...there's some good ones! :)

For those of you who are also interested in what's going on with Jamie and I, there's lots of new news.

Working at The Pursuit:
The biggest news is that I'm now working full time at a church called The Pursuit (www.thepursuit.org). I've been working there for about three weeks and wow is there a serious learning curve! There is a ton going on at the church and if you don't hit the ground running, you'll get left behind pretty quickly. The church is only about 6 years old but is at about 1600 people and counting.
To be honest, we're still working on where exactly my fit is but I'm excited to be there as I feel that this is where God wants us to be. For the last couple of weeks I've actually been working on a number of different projects...I've taught a religion class for high schoolers at our church, I'm doing some consulting type work for one of the ministries in our church - working with them to improve areas of weakness and develop policies and procedures, I'm teaching for the high school pastor this Thursday, and I'm working with the Equipping/Leadership Pastor to help equip our churches volunteers (all 470 of them!). I'm definitely getting a taste of lots of different ministries. Assuming that all goes well this Thursday when I teach at the high school group, I'll be able to do more preaching with them....and eventually, hopefully, I'll start teaching occasionally on Sunday mornings. To be honest, I have no idea where God is taking us on this ride but I feel confident that he has called us to The Pursuit and I'm excited to spend time learning from from our Lead Pastor.
The major catch here is that the church is not able to pay me at this time. (Minor detail right?) :) Like many churches, giving is down big time....for this reason, I'm raising my salary for the next six months. I know that many folks are struggling financially and that raising our salary may be extremely difficult but, as I said, Jamie and I both feel like this is where we need to be. Though some of you may not be able to or, lets be honest, may not want to (and that's okay :)), I know that there may be some of you who would want contribute to our salary as we work to minister to the people in the Boise area. If that's you, please email or call me and I'd love to send you a copy of the support letter we sent out.
Whether or not you are able to or choose to support us financially, we want all of you to know that we appreciate you and your friendship. Jamie and I feel blessed to have known all of you and, for those of you who are back in the Portland area, we miss you greatly.

Other news...
We're super excited as it looks like we're going to be able to close on a house next month...the best part, our mortgage will only be about $900! :) It's a great house in an amazing neighborhood. We'll keep you up to date as we hear more.

Well, that's really what's going on...we hope all of you are doing well and appreciate your prayers as we do our best to follow God's leading in our life.

If you're interested in supporting us over the next couple of months, just shoot me an email at Robbie.C.York@gmail.com or call me at 971-221-4471 and I'd be happy to send you a copy of the letter we sent out and the one my Pastor wrote as well...otherwise, enjoy the new pics of Josiah below! :)

Robbie, Jamie, and Josiah....

No comments:

Post a Comment